With never-before-presented feedback from hundreds of college freshman, the Relationship Experts have created a customized program for parents.
In this session, you will learn:
* 3 Survival tips to get through the summer before they pack for college
* 5 Must haves on your college-bound student’s checklist (and it’s not what you think!)
* 3 Critical ways not to be “that parent” during orientation
* The #1 way to say goodbye after the last load is dropped off in your kids’ dorm room
* Why it’s important to skip the matching linens, a dust ruffle, and a designer tissue holder
* The fine line between being a cool parent and annoying (in under a minute, we can show you how to be a cool parent)
* How to recalibrate your parenting for kids still at home
* 5 Invaluable steps to embrace the empty nest
* #1 Thing your kid will never tell you, but will share in the college Psych 101 classroom
* 3 Counterintuitive secrets to foster closeness, independence, and empowerment from afar
Q & A time = 20 minutes at end. Attendees will receive a small gift and their own checklist for this session.
If you are interested in attending this FREE workshop, reserve your seat using the RSVP link above!
About Your Speakers
With 5 kids successfully launched to college, we will share our do’s and don’ts for attendees. "Heart healthy communication,” is the motto of relationship experts, Poppy and Geoff Spencer, one they learned to put into practice through their many years of communication research. Myers-Briggs Certified, a parenting expert, and with 7 years teaching psychology, Poppy and Geoff created the Emotional Clock® and a relationship program they successfully use across the country to revolutionize the way people and families interact and communicate.
Their own communication breakdown three decades ago, shaped who the relationship experts have become today: why they wrote a book, created and trademarked a diagnostic communication tool and program, and have spoken to hundreds of people about the #1 essential ingredient in any relationship.
“Relationship experts, Poppy and Geoff have their own, personal amazing story and it is clear from the start that they use that experience to instruct, guide, and encourage others in their own relationships. They have a way of engaging with people and getting them to open up and communicate and, as a leader, I know that communication is key in any relationship.” –Keith Quick, Vice President of Operations, Sarasota Family YMCA
Goodwill Good Neighbor Classes